Dr Fiona Bird is the Associate Head of the School of Life Sciences at La Trobe University, Australia. She has taught biology and zoology in higher education for 20 years and has led curriculum reform at discipline and college levels. Fiona’s outstanding contribution to teaching and learning of biology has been recognised with national and university awards, the most recent being the 2012 La Trobe University Vice Chancellor’s Award for Teaching Excellence. Fiona trained as a zoologist completing a PhD at Victoria University, Australia. Over the last decade her research focus has shifted to the scholarship of learning and teaching with particular interests in assessment, graduate outcomes and employability, and student expectations for university study.
- Ecology, Environment and Evolution , School of Life Sciences
- Associate Professor, Department of Ecology, Environment & Evolution , (La Trobe University) 1998 -
- Associate Head, School of Life Sciences , (La Trobe University) 2015 -
- Director of Learning & Teaching, School of Life Sciences , (La Trobe University) 2010 - 2018
- Head, Department of Zoology , (La Trobe University) 2011 - 2014
- View All