Geraldine is the Director MBA Program at La Trobe University where she is responsible for MBA strategy and operations, curriculum and learning quality and industry engagement initiatives for the MBA Program.
My area of research interest is in the role of human and social capital in sustainable economic development. Currently I am examining collective learning’s influence on the success of Start-Ups in business incubation programs in Chengdu and Melbourne. Previously I have explored the role of training and development practices on labour turnover and impact of student experience and engagement on employability outcomes.
Previous work history:
Geraldine held senior executive positions in professional and industry associations, including:
- CEO of the Institute for Public Administration Australia’s (IPAA) Victoria Division
- Program Director, IPAA Victoria
- Membership Strategy Manager, Australian Industry Group (AiGroup)
- Professional Development Manager and Membership Manager, Australian Human Resource Institute (AHRI)
In the past Geraldine worked as a lecturer in the school of management for Central Metropolitan College of TAFE and as a business and human resource manager for Myer Stores Ltd.
Board and committee appointments
- La Trobe University - MBA Advisory Board,
- LBS Coursework Committee and Centre for Public Sector Governance, Accountability and Performance (2016-current)
- The Greater China Australia Dialogue on Public Administration, chaired by Australian National University, Crawford School of Public Policy (2012 - Current)
- Deputy Chair and Board member of Multicultural Arts Victoria (2007 - 2017)
- Board director, Connecting Home, a service for the Stolen Generation (2014 - 2017)
- President and Treasurer, Nritanjali Dance Committee (2013 - 2018)
- Member, Editorial Board, Australian Journal of Public Administration Australia (AJPA) (2018 - current)
- Reviewer, Review of Public Administration Personnel (ROPPA), American Society for Public Administration (ASPA) (2011 - current
- Doctorate of Business Administration (The University of Ballarat)
- Master of Training and Development (Edith Cowan University)
- Graduate Diploma of Education in Training and Development (Edith Cowan University)
- Bachelor of Business (Edith Cowan University)