Before working as an academic at La Trobe University, Karen worked in manufacturing and engineering as a qualified boilermaker/metal fabricator, pressure vessel welder, pipefitter, welding inspector and vocational education and training (VET) teacher. In 2012, Karen was awarded La Trobe University’s David Myers Scholarship to pursue full time research in the field of engineering trade vocational education, and in 2016, graduated as a PhD. Karen currently coordinates the Bachelor of Educational Studies program in the School of Education, lectures in Technology Education, and researches Vocational Education and Training (VET), advanced manufacturing, engineering trades, and skill and capability requirements for jobs of the future.
- Course Coordinator Bachelor of Educational Studies; Lecturer Bachelor of Technology Education, School of Education , (La Trobe University) 2017 -
- Technical, Further and Workplace Education (Expertise)
- Technology education (Expertise)
- Transforming Human Societies (Research Areas)
- Vocational Education and Training Curriculum and Pedagogy (Expertise)
- Vocational education (Expertise)
- View All