I graduated with a PhD (Mathematics) in 2011 from The University of York (England).
The main focus of my research is on problems arising in Diophantine approximation (number theory), Dynamical Systems, and the interactions between them.
Prior to my current position, I have held positions of
- Visiting Faculty Member, Brandeis University (USA), 2016--2017.
- Lecturer, the University of Newcastle (Australia), 2015--2016.
- Associate Lecturer, the University of Newcastle (Australia), 2014--2015.
- Research Associate, the University of Newcastle (Australia), 2013-2014.
- Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Aarhus University (Denmark), 2012- 2013.
- Honorary Research Fellow, La Trobe University (Australia), 2010- 2012.
-Teaching Assistant, The University of York (England), 2006- 2010.
I enjoy teaching and as a testament to my contributions to student learning, I received the "2016 Award for Teaching Excellence and Contribution to Student Learning - Individual" from the Faculty of Science and IT, The University of Newcastle. In 2016 I was also awarded an Endeavour Fellowship by the Department of Teaching and Training--Australian Government.